About Me

Pembroke Pocket Garden
London, SE17 1QR, United Kingdom
Pembroke Pocket Garden is a pocket of space in the heart of Walworth for people to get together, experiment with growing and sharing food, and have creative fun along the way… The container garden is located within the grounds of the community centre Pembroke House, and is entirely what the community makes of it. The space has lots of potential, not only as a place for experimenting with ways of growing food, but also as a venue for events, exhibitions, pop up cafes, outdoor cinema, workshops and more… Pembroke Pocket Garden welcomes new folk all year around, so if you are interested in getting involved and being part of bringing this community space to life, please get in touch by contacting pembrokecommunitygarden@gmail.com
View my complete profile

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday 18 June 2011

Sat June 18, 2011 - Painting between Showers

My newly labelled entrance on
Halpin Place.


My courgettes are starting to bloom. Here come the
Zucchini.


My community gets a delivery of 30 bags of gravel.
Now that's what I call drainage.


The Tang family popped in for a visit. They helped my
community find all of my hidden fruits.
Joseph, Hannah and Timothy are
oh so clever!


Fatima painting the trellises Sunflower Yellow.


Zahar painting the trellises Rich Berry.


Here's Michael making labels ...


and cups of tea.


Today my community fed me with ...


delicious organic fertiliser.


Here comes the rain again.
Falling on my head like a memory.
Oh well
Time for another cup of tea.



Although anti-theft paint is a must to keep me safe.
My community can't be leaving me feeling
like common criminals.
The handles and locks have all been
cleaned of that gooey black paint.




West


East


As it approached 4 pm ...


we were still hard at work.






2 comments:

Kenny Tang said...

Joseph: "I really enjoyed the plants and I look forward to coming again."

Hannah: "The runner beans are growing so quickly that I can't wait to eat them."

Timothy: "I spotted the strawberry in your lovely Community Garden."

Kenny: "I must congratulate the staff at Pembroke House for coming up with this superb idea for a lovely Community Garden where the local community can join together to create, learn, share and enjoy as well as build friendships. Well done!"

Pembroke Pocket Garden said...

Thanks Joseph, Hanna, Timothy and Kenny for sharing your thoughts!

I am very happy that you are enjoying transforming me into a community food growing space. I look forward to seeing you again. Hopefully we'll have better weather, although my plants have enjoyed this rain so I won't complain!